You know the times when you get influenced by certain things in life only to regret later?
Of late, I realized how I have got influenced by books and then regretted buying them. They just sit on the shelves and does nothing but make me realize how I really judged books by their covers!
Here are eww few of them who served me with boredom and guilt:
- Heartsong by Leigh Riker: Much that the back of the book gave me an instant fondness towards the story, as I went on reading, I left it halfway. First, there is way too much distress in the damsel’s life and second, the print is so microscopic that even virus would feel bigger around it!
- The Past by Tessa Hadley: Well, the snail will be faster than the plot!
- Best Man’s Duties by Vernon Heafon: Ok, this one I didn’t buy. That even makes me more mad- why would anyone gift me this? And it was a brand new book from the look of it (judged by the cover and the crispness of the pages)!
- Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger: Lauren, I worship you, but like Leigh from Heartsong, you made it too dramatic with microscopic prints as well. I had really high hopes!
- High School Musical 1 and 2: This is a disaster. I mean I always have a habit to compare the books to the movies. I always preferred the books. Obviously! I was so in love with Troy and Gabriella (Sharpay and I share soul) that the bibliophile in me thought to compare the books based on the movie. I literally embarrassed myself in front of my book club members.
- Fifty Shades by El James: I bought the entire series, enjoyed reading the first book till the time the guy bought an expensive car only to press himself against the girl on its bonnet. And the girl is actually excited by the idea! There was no turning pages for me after that. The series sits in one of the corners of the library like a group of dunce.
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus: DO NOT BUY IT. I REPEAT. DO. NOT. BUY. IT.